Wednesday 5 October 2011

The Castle of Hassle

Okay, a couple of things.

Firstly, I found the official Shadows of the Damned full soundtrack (which still doesn't feature all of the tracks, sigh) and stuck it on my mp3 player to listen to on the way to work. Which was totally cool until I hit a track called "The Bird's Nest" at which point I did a double take and had to check whether I was listening to the right soundtrack.

It's basically the same track as "Witchcraft" from Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'm not even sure if I would hazard calling it a remix, it's so similar. I love Akira Yamaoka's music but wow, that's kind of lazy.

On the upside, "Different Perspective" is amazing. I tend to like the Mary Elizabeth McGlynn tracks anyway (I love SH4's "Tender Sugar") but this is a particularly good track from her. I reckon I'm going to be listening to it when I write this story for Walter - it's such a melancholy track and when I listen to it, I think of a misty, moonlit forest in summer, crickets and cicadas chirping. Perfect for writing about the Forest World and what happens therein. :3

The other thing is that early morning work should not be allowed. Ever. My boyfriend left for work at 5am this morning. This is a regular thing (he works for Greggs part time and he opens and sets up the shop as part of his role) but normally he is such a light sleeper that he gets up before the alarm goes off. Alas, it was not to be today. I feel like a zombie. To top it off, I have to minute a two hour long meeting this afternoon with a bunch of senior managers! ... This is not going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment